birth certificate deed poll singapore


While we strive to provide you with the most updated information, please check with the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) to make sure as the ICA updates their policies from time to time.

As things currently stand, most people will NOT be able to change the name in their birth certificate. Generally, only children less than one year of age will be allowed to amend their birth certificate and a deed poll isn’t even required.

There are two different situations:

1) Child less than a year of age

You can change the name in the birth certificate without even creating a deed poll. Either parent can call the Registry of Births & Deaths (ICA Building Level 3) with his or her NRIC number and the child's original birth certificate number to make the amendment.

The original birth certificate will be cancelled and a certified birth extract with the amended name will be issued to the parent. The current fee payable to change the name of a child less than a year of age is $60.00 ($30.00 for the amendment and $30.00 for the birth extract).

2) Adults and children above the age of one

Unfortunately, if you are an adult or a child above the age of one, you cannot change the name in your birth certificate. You will only be able to change the names in your NRIC.

If you'd like to hire us to execute your deed poll, get in touch with us here.